Double One Sheet Wonder - 8x8 Paper Pad

Hi there! So you all seemed to like my last one sheet wonder video using the 12x12" papers, so I thought I would have a go at making some cards using an 8x8" paper pad. I have lots of papers in my stash that I don't use all that often. I want to try and introduce them more into my cards and creating these one sheet wonder cards seems to be an easy place to start! 

This is a double one sheet wonder because I am using two sheets for each set of cards. Depending on how adventurous you want to be, use as many sheets as you want! To check out my video creating these cards click HERE!





I created two sets of cards, with 6 cards in each set and above is an example of one of the layouts! So let me tell you how I created these card sets.


I used two different paper pads for my cards; one set was using the Grand Plans pad and the other Perfect Allusion. Both of these pads are by First Edition Paper. I used two papers from each of the pads, the great thing about using pads like these is that some of the papers are double sided, so you have more scope in your designs. 

Starting with the Grand Plans pad, I picked two pieces which were double sided, so I had two papers with main images and then two which were more of a supporting pattern. From the Perfect Allusion pad, I used one double sided paper and one textured, single sided paper. 

I added some plan cardstock to help the cards look at little fuller and more professional (this is a really easy way of upgrading your cards!). With the Grand Plans paper, I added Ginger Pie and Navy Blue card from Craft Perfect, along with Chilli Red for the sentiment. For the Perfect Allusion cards I added Tan Brown and Demin Blue (for the sentiment) from Craft Perfect and some basic chocolate brown card. 

The sentiments all came from an older Crafters Companion Happy Birthday set. I stamped them onto the coloured card and die cut them with the Hunkydory Torn Edge Circle Nesting Dies. I also added a circle of vellum behind some of the sentiments to help them stand out. 

For consistency across all these cards, the finished card sizes are 6"x6" and I created mats which measure 5.75"x5.75". These designs are really easy to mass produce, so both sets are exactly the same. 

Lets now talk about how I cut down my 8x8 papers!
Below is the template that I created, showing you the measurements to cut your 8x8 paper. 

Don't forget this is a double one sheet wonder, so you will have two of each panel. 


Card Design 1


  • Pieces E and F
  • Blue and brown mat = 5" x 3.75"
  • Blue mat = 1.75" x 3.5"
  • Circle sentiment with a vellum mat
  • Nuvo Crystal Drops - Navy Blue and Nuvo Vintage Drops - Pumice Stone

Card Design 2


  • Pieces A and C
  • Blue and brown mat - 2.75" x 4.75"
  • Fussy cut around sentiment
  • Nuvo Crystal Drops - Navy Blue and Nuvo Vintage Drops - Pumice Stone

Card Design 3


  • Pieces A and B
  • Circle sentiment with a vellum mat
  • Nuvo Crystal Drops - Navy Blue and Nuvo Vintage Drops - Pumice Stone

Card Design 4


  • Pieces B and C
  • Circle sentiment
  • Nuvo Crystal Drops - Navy Blue and Nuvo Vintage Drops - Pumice Stone

Card Design 5


  • Pieces E and F
  • Blue and brown card - 4" x 2.5"
  • Circle sentiment with vellum mat
  • Nuvo Crystal Drops - Navy Blue and Nuvo Vintage Drops - Pumice Stone

Card Design 6


  • Pieces D and D
  • Blue and brown mat - 4" x 3.75"
  • Trimmed around the sentiment
  • Nuvo Crystal Drops - Navy Blue and Nuvo Vintage Drops - Pumice Stone

Comments

Popular Posts