Bendy Card Template

 Hello! Issue 211 of Simply Cards and Papercraft, there were a bunch of project templates and patterned papers to download for free! I downloaded everything from this issue and I'm really glad that I did!

The papers are a really lovely collection of pastel and bright colours and they come in three designs; plain, starry and snowy. There are a lot of different types of concept cards and mini projects like a cracker! The templates are perfect for having a go at something different. I decided the first concept card I wanted to try was the "Bendy Card", so lets get into it!


I first started by cutting out the template and selected a piece of patterned paper. On the back (white side) I drew around the template with a pencil and cut it out except the top of the sides where I wanted to stamp my images.

I then stamped a row of houses and trees on the top section of both arms and then fussy cut the tops. Once I had scored down the score lines and bent the arms to the front of the card (to the patterned side of the cardstock) I now have the start of this bendy card. I then cut two slots into each of the arms for the tabs to fit into and this helps create dimension on this card. 

Next I stamped another row of houses and trees onto a piece of white cardstock and cut this down to fit behind the largest arm. I fussy cut the top in the same way and used foam pads to add more dimension. Then I coloured the images, stamped a sentiment and added a few trees to finish off the scene.

Video

Be sure to check out the video on my Youtube channel! 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts