Creative Stamping Issue 90

 Hello! This is the first look at the newest issue of Creative Stamping, issue 90. This free gift is called Winter Stags and it comes with an A4 stamp set and a tree and stag stencil. There are also stamps to coordinate with the stencils and I did use those on one of today's cards.

I wanted to create to different sized cards, but I wanted them to follow the same design. It really doesn't matter if you have the same products or if you like making different size cards. You can adapt any card to fit what you have. The cards are 5x7 inch and A6 and feature different stamps from the set. 

I started by stamping the large stag image twice; once on my cardstock and the other on scrap paper to use as a mask. I fussy cut around part of the mask and placed it over the stamped image. I then used the patterned lines (that would be perfect for creating a tartan pattern) and stamped over my mask to make it look like these were behind the stag. I used different coloured ink pads that matched with the patterned backing papers. I then stamped a sentiment, trimmed it down and did some simple ink blending on the background.

The second card was just as simple! I used the stag stencil and blended over a light mushroom colour to create the background. I then stamped the coordinating image over the top in black ink. I then repeated the same process to stamp the patterned lines. Included in the stencil pack was the cut out pieces, so you could just use this as a reverse stencil, but I used this piece as a mask and stamped the lines. As the stamp already included a sentiment, so I left it as a simple, single layer card.


Video

Be sure to check out the video on my Youtube channel!



Supplies

Comments

Popular Posts