Die Cutting Essentials Issue 71

Hello! I am showing you another card made using the Sophisticated Snowflake die set from issue 71 of Die Cutting Essentials. The card today is simple and perfect for any last minute makes. This design can easily be altered to use suit the products you have at home!

Let's get into it!


I started by cutting a premade card base down to 3.5in X 6.5in, to create a top folding mini slimline card. I then used the large edge die from the free gift and cut this twice from white cardstock.


I then used Fire Brick Distress Ink and blended the middle section of my card base, enough so you can see the colour through all of the die cut sections. I scooped a small about of Cosmic Shimmer pearlescent mica powder and mixed it with water on my glass mat. Using a paintbrush I splattered the pearlescent mixture over my blended background.


To adhere the die cut boarders to the top and bottom of my card, I used the Crafter Companion dotty tape pen, which is perfect for intricate dies like this one. Next I took a sentiment from Creative Stamping, issue 88 and stamped this using Barn Door Distress Oxide ink. I used my Tim Holtz stamping platform to make sure that I got a good impression. To finish the card off, I cut die three snowflakes from white cardstock and adhered one next to the sentiment and two at the top. Any pieces hanging over the edge, I cut it flush with the edge of the card.  

Video

Be sure to check out the video on my Youtube channel!

Supplies


Comments

  1. Love your videos and card makes. You have helped me many times to create something I'm pleased to give as a card.
    Wish we could subscribe more than once to get those numbers up for you, you certainly deserve them for the great service you give to us all and to the magazines that you craft for.
    Thank you, good luck with this new blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts