Die Cutting Essential Issue 72

 Hello! Today is the first look at issue 72 of Die Cutting Essentials magazine. This months free gift is a 23 piece Let's Celebrate die set. I have used this set to create a slimline birthday card featuring a few of the dies from this set. Let's get to it!

I started by creating a slimline card base (7in x 8.5in and scoring at 3.5in) out of white cardstock and then cut down a panel (3in x 8in). I picked a chevron stencil and taped it down to my panel using washi tape. I then picked rainbow colours from the Prism ink pad range and blended the colours across the stencil to create the background. To add a little more interest I used black watercolour paint to add paint splatters over the chevrons. 
Next I die cut the Celebrate 3 times (2 from white cardstock and 1 from black card), 3 candles and a bunch of the small and large stars. I used 3 shades of Orange from the Copic Sketch range for each candle and a black and yellow alcohol marker for the stars. 

I stacked the 2 white Celebrate die cuts using liquid glue and then added the black Celebrate to the top, this will help add stable dimension to the card. I used a tape pen to adhere the candles and used more liquid glue to add the sentiment overlapping the candles. I then laid out the stars in a random pattern and used a combination of foam squares and liquid glue to adhere them to the background panel


Video

Be sure to check out the video on my Youtube channel!


Supplies

Comments

Popular Posts