Die Cutting Essentials Issue 73

Hello! We have issue 73 of Die Cutting Essentials, Between the Lines by Cardmaking Magic. I am going to create two quick and simple cards using this panel die and sentiment. These cards are just two looks you can get from this panel die and how you can add colour in different ways. 
Lets get into it!
I started by cutting two of these panels from white cardstock and I trimmed the top and bottom, so the panel was only attached via the sides. I then moved onto creating a ink blended background.
I used Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers from the Distress Oxide range and blended these together. I then spritzed some water over the top and ran a paper towel across it to pick up the lifted colour. To add dimension and support to the back, I added funky foam using double sided tape and then attached that onto my inked background. Using foam to add dimension creates a shadow behind the floral panel and gives the card a little more interest. Lastly I die cut the sentiment from a scrap piece of cardstock that I have done some matching ink blending. 
For the next card I used some Distress Ink colours and a blending tool to add colour to the panel. I taped off the sides, so I only inked the panel and used a dab and twist motion so I didn't rip the delicate die cut. I didn't use the best colour combination, green and red and it showed in some areas. To try and help this I went over the green stems and leaves with a green TriBlend marker and it made it better. I'm glad I carried on with this make because I do like the way it turned out and it's another great way of adding colour to this panel die cut. I did a little colour blending on a scrap piece of cardstock and die cut the sentiment and added it to the card front. 

Video

Be sure to check out the video on my YouTube channel!





Supplies

Comments

Popular Posts