Happy Campers

 Hello! Today's card is made using the Happy Camper stamp and die set from Gemini by Crafters Companion. I think is is such a cute stamp set and I love that it comes with the coordinating dies! Lets go!

First I started by creating the background, I used Nuvo Shimmer Powder in Meteorite Shower and sprinkled the powder on some Tonic Studio watercolour cardstock. I spritzed it with water and let the colours run together. I did this a few times and heat set in-between layers. To create a fuller background and add a little more colour I used Broken China and Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and blended that across the background. I used white watercolour paint and Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powder to create splatters across my night sky. 
I stamped the Happy Camper imagines onto smooth cardstock using my Tim Holtz Stamping Platform to make sure I got a good stamp. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink as this is an alcohol friendly ink. Next I coloured the images using a few Copic Sketch pens and Spectrum Noir TriBlend markers. I then used the coordinating dies and ran this through my Gemini Die Cutting Machine.
I heat embossed a sentiment to the cover of my background, along with a moon and a few stars. I used Versamark ink and heat set with Sweet Dixie Glacier White Embossing Powder. I coloured my grass area on a separate piece of cardstock and added shadows where my tent was going to go. I then used a combination of foam pads and tape to build up my camping scene.  

Video

Be sure to check out the video on my YouTube channel!






Supplies


Comments

Popular Posts