Nuvo Shimmer Powder

 Hi there! I wanted to use the Nuvo Shimmer Powder again, but this time using it with a bit of heat embossing. This is a great way to show all the colours of the shimmer powder, rather than all the colours mixing together. I am using the Tonic Studio Floral Background stamp and the Meteorite Shower Shimmer Powder.

Let's do it!

I first stamped my floral background onto Crafters Companion watercolour card stock using Versamark clear ink. I used my stamping platform to make sure that I stamped the whole design. 

I then tapped some shimmer powder of my background and spritzed it with water. This is instantly mix with the water and create a burst of colour! I used my pokey tool to top the colour from running to the edges, but the great thing about heat embossing your image first, it that the colour sits in the little wells created by the hardened embossing powder. I did heat set my background, but you need to be careful as you are applying heat over your embossed image. 

I cut down my panel to fit my slimline card and created a matt and layer from Craft Perfect navy card stock and attached this to my card base. I also stamped the floral background on the inside of my card using Grey Mist ink from Prism. 

I used the Crafters Companion Thanks die and stamp set to add a sentiment to my card. I die cut the word Thanks three times from Craft Perfect Oyster card and stacked these together to add dimension. I then stamped and heat embossing the phrase "for all you do" onto black card stock and trimmed this down. I used small foam pads and added it under the Thanks. Lastly I added a few gems to my card panel.


Video

Be sure to check out the video on my YouTube channel!







Supplies


Comments

Popular Posts